Holly & Co
In early 2018, we were approached by Holly & Co to rebuild their website, holly.co, moving it from a custom CMS to WordPress, so that it was easily editable for the team.
Holly & Co are cheerleaders for small business owners in the UK. Headed up by Holly Tucker, founder of notonthehighstreet.com and the UK ambassador for small businesses, Holly & Co champion the artists, creatives, illustrators, makers and writers with inspiration and practical advice. Their main aim is to help people in small businesses to fulfil their potential.
The goals of the new website were all underpinned with the idea that Holly & Co were not looking for a run of the mill, predictable website, but were looking for something distinctive to their personality and brand identity.
Holly & Co website goals
- To be dynamic and fun, surprising and delighting visitors on their arrival.
- To be clean and clear, retaining the original textures and colours of the brand.
- Easy-to-use eCommerce process to enable people to buy items from the online shop, driving revenue.
- The ability for the Holly & Co team to be able to update and make pages for themselves.
- For content to be the driving force behind the user’s experience.
- Initial Workshop: exploring ideas, thinking big and discussing key aims.
- Technical Specification: exploring the site’s key functionality.
- Wireframing and Design: making the site look and feel authentic to Holly & Co.
- Build: creating firm foundations in code to build the perfect website.
- Post-build workshop: a time of show and tell with the Holly & Co team.
- User testing: to make sure everything works as it should.
- Deployment: setting up the site to be shown to the world.
What we delivered
- Complete site re-design
- Full eCommerce platform
- Custom WordPress plugins for bespoke functionality
- Event booking engine
- Highly-customisable tagging content system
- Custom page-builder for Holly & Co team to use
- Entire data transfer from custom CMS into WordPress
- Custom email templates
- Deployment to AWS EC2
“We came to Steadfast looking for a site that we had complete control over, and are really happy with the results. We needed a number of features including a blog, events system, and online shop, and it was important that those aspects were integrated with each other seamlessly without losing a creative feel. Steadfast Collective was always proactive in suggesting possible solutions to any issues we encountered and adapted well to any changes we requested.”